You selected Introverted People Oriented
If this is not correct, you can return to the previous screen by clicking the previous link in your browser.
Your most predominant style is “S”
The following are traits of Introverted People Oriented individuals with a high “S” tendency:
- Predominant Strength: Team player, loyal, and concrete results oriented
- Goal Driven: Traditional practices
- Fear Of: Loss of stability
- Over-Extension: Possessiveness
Understanding Self and Others
“In order to understand our relationships with other people, we must first understand ourselves.” – Bill Bonnstetter
Behavioral science research indicates that all human behavior is either needs-motivated or values-driven. Since values arise out of and interact with needs, it is important to understand the different types of needs-motivated behaviors that we ourselves exhibit and that are exhibited by other individuals on a daily basis. Philosophers, psychologists, and managerial sciences researchers have identified four basic psychological needs that exist in all people.
However, most individuals will usually be motivated by one or two of these needs at any given time. In any given situation usually one or two of these behaviors will be more appropriate. If an individual’s goal is to create an environment where positive interaction can occur, it is necessary to know which behavior will be most effective. The more an individual knows about himself and consciously chooses to utilize the behaviors that are most appropriate, the more likely the individual’s actions will result in his/her goals being met.
- All individuals have some of all four tendencies but will usually be controlled by two of these tendencies. 4% of the population will exhibit behavior motivated by primarily one factor; 50% will be motivated by two of these factors; and 46% will exhibit behavior combining three of these factors.
- People motivated by three factors tend to be more flexible behaviorally. However, in every “live-or-die,” “fight or flight” situation, one instinctive or core trait tendency will control the actions of the individuals because that need is essential for that person’s long-term survival.