“Dynamic, supercharged, a walking encyclopedia, compassionate with an emphasis on passion — a passion for work, for people and for life in general.” These are words used by a friend to describe Judy Suiter, whose company’s motto “Be daring, be first, be different” is also her personal credo.
Judy founded Competitive Edge, Inc., in 1981 and served as the company’s president until 2019. She started the business with only $58.38 in cash and grew it into the top internationally recognized human resources training and consulting company it is today.
Judy remains one of the company’s most sought-after trainers, specializing in Train-the-Trainer, management certification, team building, leadership certification, sales certification, emotional intelligence certification, communication certification, consulting for professionals and professional speaking.
Judy is a graduate of Middle Tennessee State University with a degree in Psychology, Business Administration and Sociology. She has over 640 hours of advanced study in behavioral sciences and organizational development. Judy recently had an article published in Fayette Woman. Click here to read article
- B.S. 1975 – Middle Tennessee State University.
- Major: Psychology; Minor: Business Administration and Sociology.
- Mentorship Program under Michael J. O’Connor, Ph.D.
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC)
- Certified Professional Behavior Analyst (CPBA)
- Certified Professional Motivator Analyst (CPMA)
- Certified TriMetrix™ Analyst (CTA)
- Certified Training Partner for Multi Health Systems, Inc. (MHS, Inc.)
- Certified Brain Technologies Consultant
- Certified Values Centre Part 1 and Part 2 Consultant
- The Universal Language – DISC Reference Manual. Co-Authored with Bill Bonnestetter
- Energizing People: Unleashing The Power of DISC (Available in Swedish, also bilingual English & German)
- Exploring Values: Releasing The Power of Attitudes
- The Ripple Effect: How the Global Model of Endorsement Opens Doors to Success (Available in Swedish, also bilingual English & German)
- The Journey: Quotes to Keep your Boat Afloat
- The Sea of Change: Solutions for Navigating the Disconnects in the Workplace
- Pleasure and the Quality of Life
Chapter 2 – “The Cost of Job Dissatisfaction” co-authored with David Warburton
Chapter 5 – “Individual Coping Strategies and Behavioral Style” co-authored with Bill Bonnestetter
- Co-Authored seven facilitator training kits in such critical areas as team building, customer service, communications, sales, and values
Distributorships and Authorized Partners
- TTI Performance Systems, Ltd.
- Everything DiSC – A Wiley Brand Partner
- Brain Technologies Corporation
- Self-Management Systems, Inc.
- Barrett Values Centre Distributor
- Psichometrics (HRD Press)
- Maximum Potential, Inc.
- Life Associates, Inc.
- Multi Health Systems, Inc., (MHS, Inc.) EQ-i™ and EQ-360™
- People Clues
Professional Awards and Achievements
TTI Performance Systems, Ltd.
- Consultant of the Year 1993
- Distributor of the Year 1990, 1992-1994, 1996
- President’s Award 1989, 1991, 1994-95, 1997-99
- “Best of the Best” Top 25, 1997-2000
- Lifetime Achievement Award, 2004
- Trainer of the Year 1994, 2002, 2012-2013
- The Visionary Forum Group 2013-2014
- The Chairman’s Club, 2000 – 2016
- Bud Bowers Contributor of the Year 2016
- Senior Gold Consultant, 2000
- Sapphire Award, 2001
- Sapphire Award, 2002
- Ruby Award, 2003 – 2007
- Sapphire Award, 2008
- Sapphire Award, 2009
- Sapphire Award, 2010
- Opal Award, 2011
Carlson Learning Company
- Bronze, Silver, or Gold Sales Awards 1985-1993
- Gold Consultant, 1996 and 1999
Performax Systems International, Inc.
- Research and Development Sammy Award 1989
WAGA-TV FOX 5 Atlanta Television
- Guest Commentator on Good Day Atlanta 2009
- Selected by Women Looking Ahead News Magazine as one of the 100 most powerful and influential women business owners in Georgia, 2000, 2001 and 2002
- Honoree for 100 Most Powerful and Influential Women in Atlanta, 2008
- Georgia Secretary of State
– Goodwill Ambassador Corporation
– Outstanding Georgia Citizen Award 2004
- 2nd Annual Women of Distinction Award Recipient 2007 from Chick-fil-A and Russell Athletic
- Tyrone Business Award 2009
- AVPRIDE Diamonds in the Rough Award 2015
- Cunard Cruise Lines lecturer for passengers from 1997-2000
- Trained over 640 organizations and over 60,000 people throughout the world
– Click here to read more
- Past President, American Business Women’s Association (ABWA)
- Member, Georgia Adult Education Association
- Business Associate of the Year for ABWA 1985, 1996
- Woman of the Year for ABWA, 1997, 2013
- Mentor for the Mentor Exchange Program for four years
- Mentor, Board of Directors Network
- Volunteer Mentor, Institute of Management Consultants, Georgia